We’re looking for a part-time (0.8 FTE) TAFE teacher to join our team for a maternity leave contract.
You will be teaching Certificate II and III Animal Studies to a range of age groups. You'll be face-to-face with students three days a week, with two days for preparation and marking.
- Must hold Certificate IV Training and Assessment
- Must hold Certificate III in Animal Studies and/or experience working in relevant industry and/or be willing to do "on the job" version prior term start. (Note - you need to fulfil two of these three options!)
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar teaching environment
- Social enterprise with a focus on animal welfare and the environment
- Rapidly growing business with awesome customers
- Love providing amazing, educational experiences
- Comfy uniforms
- Great work environment (if we do say so ourselves)
As a Cert II & II Animal Studies TAFE teacher, you'll be working with the next generation of wildlife keepers and animal attendants, ensuring they take best practices into the world.
You'll be working closely with TasTAFE to deliver this course, and your role will be to:
- Oversee and understand all parts of the TasTAFE course requirements
- Deliver all course content to TasTAFE standards or higher
- Liaise with TasTAFE and other experts to develop training and assessment material
- Mark assessments and provide feedback to students and TasTAFE in a timely manner
- Coordinate and manage student placements and course specific excursions
- Manage the yearly intake process with TasTAFE
- Provide support to students as required
- Liaise with Bonorong and TasTAFE staff as required
- and more.
We already have basic class plans laid out which will save you a lot of time, but you will be responsible for learning quickly and completely understanding the plans and learning outcomes before you stand in front of your classes.
We are based in Brighton - around 30 minutes north of Hobart CBD and some days you'll be out at the TasTAFE campus in Clarence. It is essential that you have your own reliable transport to get you to and from work.
Email your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close when we have found the right person - so don't wait!
Due to the amount of applications we expect to receive for this position, you will only be contacted if you are successful in moving to the next round.
Please do not call, email or drop in asking for updates.