We’re looking for a permanent part-time (30+ hours per week) Food Outlet Manager for our onsite Food Hut!
Before you read any further: This role does not involve direct interaction with any animals. We cannot emphasise this enough. Please do not apply for this role if you want to work with our animals: this is a independent management position based around food preparation and customer service!
- Minimum 2 years experience as the manager of a cafe or similar food preparation environment.
- Familiar with food safety standards. Like, really familiar with them.
- Know how to make great coffee (and can teach people how to make great coffee).
- Love working in a fast-paced environment.
- Are passionate about plant-based food (or at least have an open mindedness to it - you do not have to be vegan to work with us!)
- Available to work a rotating roster including weekends and public holidays.
- Super organised: you'll be on top of all the ordering, receiving and rotating of stock, so this is super important!
- Enjoy working independently, and have lots of initiative to find things to do on quiet days.
- Social enterprise with a focus on animal welfare and the environment.
- Rapidly growing business with awesome customers.
- Love providing amazing, educational experiences.
- Comfy uniforms.
- Great work environment (if we do say so ourselves)
As a Food Outlet Manager, you'll working in and running the Bonorong Food Hut - our 100% plant-based, tiny cafe on-site at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. Your view will be overlooking our Sanctuary - but you might not get to see it too often as there'll be many customers to serve!
Most days you'll be working independently, and while the core role will be the same (serving awesome food to equally fabulous customers), you'll also be in charge of ordering supplies, rotating stock appropriately, liaising with our awesome chef and bakers, managing the cash float, making awesome suggestions for improvement, and much more.
You'll also be promoting the items and explaining the reasons why our food hut is 100% plant based - these can be interesting conversations!
Expect things to be fast paced and constantly evolving as we grow. With our limited space, our summer is already proving to be a fun challenge (think storage tetris and some very creative ordering), but we can definitely get through it -- improvements are already in the works.
We are based in Brighton - around 30 minutes north of Hobart CBD. It is essential that you have your own reliable transport to get you to and from work.
Email your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you think you’d be a good fit for this role to: email@example.com
Applications close Thursday 10 January 2018 at 5pm, however if we find someone we love we won't be shy in hiring - so apply now!
Due to the amount of applications we expect to receive for this position, you will only be contacted if you are successful in moving to the next round.
Please do not call, email or drop in asking for updates.