The Bonorong Night Tour
2.5 hours of nighttime feeding fun!
night tour daily sessions
One session available - bookings open until 4pm daily.
- We start at around 5:00pm in the cooler months and around 6:00pm in summer. You will be informed of your start time when you finalise your booking.
Adults - $160 each
Children (3-15 years) - $85 each
Don’t have a car? No worries. Local guides can be arranged for transport at a cost of between $155.00 to $180.00 dollars return trip from Hobart. Please contact us for more information.
General admission to the Sanctuary is included in your tour fee.
Children less than 16yrs must be accompanied by a full-fee paying adult.
about the bonorong night tour
The Bonorong Night Tour is a group feeding tour with a guide just for your group. Group sizes are kept small to ensure every participant has plenty of opportunity to interact with the critters.
You will enter our animals’ world and experience hand-feeding weird and wonderful creatures like Eastern quolls, tawny frogmouths and sugar gliders. You will also be able to have a ‘tug of war’ with the Tassie devils for their dinner.
In fact, you are going to help feed almost all of our animals. First it’s dinner time for our daylight dwellers and then the nocturnal animals get their breakfast. A special highlight is meeting our mob of friendly Forester kangaroos.
You are also going to meet some incredible survivors as many of our animals are recovering from injury or are orphans. We will show you how you are helping us get them back into the wild.
It’s going to be a journey of incredible (and often very moving) fun.
What to bring
We advise bringing warm clothes, comfortable shoes and spare batteries (and memory cards) for your camera!
Want to know what to expect? Reviews of Bonorong can be found on Tripadvisor.
The not-so fine print (Terms & Conditions)
- Bonorong may choose to cancel specific tours due to inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. If a tour is cancelled, participants will be offered an alternative encounter or a full refund.
- All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the keeper.
- All interactions will be instigated by the animal.
- Participants will not be able to hold animals, but where appropriate will be able to pat them under supervision of the keeper.
- Bonorong does not guarantee that participants will be able to feed the animals, but where appropriate this may be offered by the keeper.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years of age.
- Parents or adult guardians must take responsibility for participating children at all times.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the tours at the discretion of staff.
- All care to ensure the safety of participants will be taken, but Bonorong does not take responsibility for any injuries. Where needed, first aid or medical assistance will be arranged.
- Guests must be aware they may be photographed during experiences for media and marketing purposes.
We are an outdoor all-weather venue and in the event of inclement weather tours will proceed. In the event that you cancel your tour the following conditions apply:
- Bookings cancelled at least 2 days prior to the event date will be given a full refund.
- Bookings cancelled within 2 days of the event date incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No-shows or arrivals after the experience has finished will not be refunded their deposits.
- Participants may decide to leave a tour early however no refund will be offered.