Bonorong Feeding Frenzy
2.5 hours of daytime feeding fun!
Feeding Frenzy sessions
Two sessions available daily, when booked in advance.
- 10.00am start (ends ~12.30pm)
- 1.30pm start (ends ~4.00pm)
Adults - $160 each
Children (3-15 years) - $85 each
Don’t have a car? No worries. Local guides can be arranged for transport at a cost of between $155.00 to $180.00 dollars return trip from Hobart. Please contact us for more information.
General admission to the Sanctuary is included in your tour fee.
Children less than 16yrs must be accompanied by a full-fee paying adult.
about the feeding frenzy tour
The Feeding Frenzy tour is a group feeding tour with your own personal guide. Group sizes are kept to a maximum of six people to ensure every participant has plenty of opportunity to interact with the critters.
You’ll get up close to as many different animals as possible in two and a half hours and you’ll be supporting an incredible cause! (If we do say so ourselves.)
The Feeding Frenzy may include:
- Feeding the wombats their daily snacks
- Giving the cockatoos their (sometimes) wriggly treats!
- Hooking the Tassie devil onto its snack & start a game of tug of war!
- Meeting our two unique species of quoll and spotting their differences
- Feeding fresh eucalyptus to the koalas whilst stroking their thick, woolly fur
- Hand-feeding the tawny frogmouth birds and watching them swallow their food whole
- Spotting the secretive and little known Tasmanian bettongs in their grassy nests
- Seeing the sweet-toothed sugar gliders come out for their dessert,
- and more!
What to bring
We advise bringing warm clothes, comfortable shoes and spare batteries (and memory cards) for your camera!
Want to know what to expect? Reviews of Bonorong can be found on Tripadvisor.
The not-so fine print (Terms & Conditions)
- Bonorong may choose to cancel specific tours due to inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. If a tour is cancelled, participants will be offered an alternative encounter or a full refund.
- All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the keeper.
- All interactions will be instigated by the animal.
- Participants will not be able to hold animals, but where appropriate will be able to pat them under supervision of the keeper.
- Bonorong does not guarantee that participants will be able to feed the animals, but where appropriate this may be offered by the keeper.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years of age.
- Parents or adult guardians must take responsibility for participating children at all times.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the tours at the discretion of staff.
- All care to ensure the safety of participants will be taken, but Bonorong does not take responsibility for any injuries. Where needed, first aid or medical assistance will be arranged.
- Guests must be aware they may be photographed during experiences for media and marketing purposes.
We are an outdoor all-weather venue and in the event of inclement weather tours will proceed. In the event that you cancel your tour the following conditions apply:
- Bookings cancelled at least 2 days prior to the event date will be given a full refund.
- Bookings cancelled within 2 days of the event date incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No-shows or arrivals after the experience has finished will not be refunded their deposits.
- Participants may decide to leave a tour early however no refund will be offered.