Private, Premium Night Tour
3 hours of exclusive nighttime feeding fun!
Private, premium night tour daily sessions
One session available - bookings open until 4pm daily.
- We start at around 5pm in the cooler months and around 6pm in summer. You will be informed of your start time when you finalise your booking.
Adults - $375 each
Children (3-15 years) - $160 each
Don’t have a car? No worries. Local guides can be arranged for transport at a cost of $180.00 dollars return trip from Hobart. Please contact us for more information.
General admission to the Sanctuary is included in your tour fee.
Children less than 16yrs must be accompanied by a full-fee paying adult.
about the private, premium night tour
The Bonorong Private, Premium Night Tour is an exclusive feeding tour; a private experience just for you and whoever you are with. Either the Sanctuary Owner, Sanctuary Manager, Head Keeper or Conservation Programs Manager will be your guide for the duration of this intimate, private tour.
A glass of Tasmanian sparkling wine or fruit juice will greet you upon arrival after which you will observe our curious native wildlife during their natural waking hours.
Hand-feed and touch a number of incredible Tasmanian species including tawny frogmouths, sugar gliders, wombats, kangaroos and much more.
Learn about the elusive and little-known Tasmanian microbats, search for them flitting across the sky and perhaps see their movements come alive on our interactive iPad tracking app!
Enjoy an extensive session on Tasmanian devils where you meet them, learn their names; hear their individual stories and little known facts about this amazing, and endangered species. Hand-feed a Tassie devil and snap a photo from less than one metre away!
You will have other amazing face-to-face photo opportunities of rarely seen wildlife. Learn about the perils that our native wildlife face on a daily basis and what we can all do to help.
This is three hours of the ultimate Tasmanian wildlife experience.
What to bring
We advise bringing warm clothes, comfortable shoes and spare batteries (and memory cards) for your camera!
Want to know what to expect? Reviews of Bonorong can be found on Tripadvisor.
The not-so fine print (Terms & Conditions)
- Bonorong may choose to cancel specific tours due to inclement weather, animal welfare issues or insufficient bookings. If a tour is cancelled, participants will be offered an alternative encounter or a full refund.
- All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the keeper.
- All interactions will be instigated by the animal.
- Participants will not be able to hold animals, but where appropriate will be able to pat them under supervision of the keeper.
- Bonorong does not guarantee that participants will be able to feed the animals, but where appropriate this may be offered by the keeper.
- A paying adult must accompany children under 16 years of age.
- Parents or adult guardians must take responsibility for participating children at all times.
- Participants may be asked to leave the enclosure at any time during the tours at the discretion of staff.
- All care to ensure the safety of participants will be taken, but Bonorong does not take responsibility for any injuries. Where needed, first aid or medical assistance will be arranged.
- Guests must be aware they may be photographed during experiences for media and marketing purposes.
We are an outdoor all-weather venue and in the event of inclement weather tours will proceed. In the event that you cancel your tour the following conditions apply:
- Bookings cancelled at least 2 days prior to the event date will be given a full refund.
- Bookings cancelled within 2 days of the event date incur a 100% cancellation fee.
- No-shows or arrivals after the experience has finished will not be refunded their deposits.
- Participants may decide to leave a tour early however no refund will be offered.